Completely updated for today's search tactics and blockades, The Everything Family Tree Book has even more insight for the stumped!
Whether you're searching in a grandparent's attic or through the most cryptic archiving systems, this book has brand-new chapters on what readers have been asking for:
- Genetics, DNA, and medical information
- Surname origins and naming
- Appendix on major genealogical repositories, libraries, and archives
- Systems for filing and organizing
- The latest computer software
- Land, probate, and estate records
Chock-full of tips the competitors don't have, this is the one-stop resource for successful sleuthing!